At ClearScore we partner with Experian, one of the credit bureaus companies in India, to show you your credit report data for free. Sometimes, there can be incorrect or missing information on your report.
Here are three of the most common disputes:
- Not my account or search/enquiry: This could be a search or enquiry, an account on your credit report that you don’t recognise. You might also see someone else’s details appearing on your credit report. This can sometimes happen due to the amount of data that is processed between different companies, which can lead to occasional errors.
- Inaccurate data: This is where you recognise the personal details and accounts on you report, however, you think that something is wrong with the content of the credit report ( this could be a missed payment that you have already paid). Unfortunately, while millions of data points are being updated, some can get missed.
- Duplicated information: Some accounts have been duplicated on your credit report. This means that the same account is reported twice.
Usually all of these are relatively easy to fix. All you need to do is tell us what you think needs corrected and we'll help sort this out.
Just a few things you should know before you get started:
- We’ll need the Report Number which can be found at the bottom left-hand side of the Report section in your account.
- Please let us know your query information by telling us the problem, which account/record you think is wrong, followed by the account number and any correction that needs to be applied.
You can raise a dispute with us here.